"Those in authority at Georgetown seem committed to 'political correctness' rather than fidelity to the Church!” -- Cardinal Wilfrid Napier
- Tell Georgetown to STOP Encouraging Contributions to Planned Parenthood and Other Pro-Abortion Groups
Jesuit-run Georgetown University in Washington, D.C., the oldest Catholic campus in the nation, is encouraging students to support mega abortion provider Planned Parenthood and other pro-abortion and pro-homosexual groups with time and money.
Ironically, Georgetown's Law Library web page dedicated to the "History of Civil Rights in the United States" includes a pitch to support pro-abortion groups that deny the first and most basic human right -- namely, the right to life.
For example, under "Organizations You can Support," Georgetown's web site lists Planned Parenthood, NARAL Pro-Choice America, The Center for Reproductive Rights, The National Organization for Women (NOW), EMILY's List, ACLU, The Southern Poverty Law Center and Lambda Legal, among others.
Although these groups trample Church teaching by promoting procured abortion and the wholesale destruction of God's marriage between one man and one woman, Georgetown tells web visitors to support them with time and donations.
"You can make a change, even if it's just an hour a week or a dollar a week. If we all give just a little, it adds up and it keeps our civil rights, our environment - our nation - from being destroyed," the page reads.
In other words, Georgetown is favoring the abortion movement and its attempt to disfigure the truth by suggesting that the grave sin of abortion is a "civil right." When in reality, nothing can be more preposterous than to call the killing of a small, defenseless and innocent human being created by God for a unique purpose a "civil right," especially on a campus that purports to be Catholic.
But the enemies of God's law have been enjoying preferential treatment at Georgetown for years, as the following examples illustrate:
- Georgetown University agreed to cover up the name of Jesus and other Catholic symbols when Barack Obama spoke on campus. Los Angeles Times (April 16, 2009)
- Cecile Richards, president of Planned Parenthood Federation of America, was invited to speak at Georgetown. She received a standing ovation. LifeSiteNews.com (April 21, 2016)
- Anti-Catholic "Coming Out" events are celebrated on campus. TFP Student Action video (October 11, 2016)
- Georgetown listed Medical Students for Choice as a student organization, a radical group that trains "tomorrow's abortion providers." Only after protest was the group scrubbed. TFP Student Action (January 10, 2017)
- Georgetown decided to open a pro-LGBT housing complex exclusively for students "exploring" gender and sexuality. The new measure favors transgenderism. Campus Reform (January 5, 2018)
- Georgetown employs the Senior Associate General Counsel and Director of Advocacy and Political Law of Planned Parenthood Federation of America, Inc., Prof. Zoe Segal-Reichlin, to teach law. Georgetown Law (accessed May 31, 2018)
- Yard signs proclaiming "God's marriage = 1 man + 1 woman" erected on campus were knocked down in a matter of minutes. God is not welcome anymore. TFP Student Action video (April 28, 2018)
TFP Student Action has launched a peaceful protest, calling Georgetown University to stop encouraging contributions to Planned Parenthood and other pro-abortion and pro-homosexual groups. The TFP's online petition also urges Dr. John J. DeGioia, president of Georgetown, to "find a real Catholic law professor who respects God and the human right to life to replace Prof. Segal-Reichlin."
After all, who is Georgetown serving?
God or Planned Parenthood?