Dear Pro-Life Friend,
While America still reels from Planned Parenthood's barbaric harvesting and selling of aborted baby organs, Catholic Georgetown University has invited the president of Planned Parenthood to speak on campus this April.
Georgetown's Lecture Fund announced the official invitation.
To stop this scandal, I urge you – at this very moment – to sign our national protest petition addressed to the president of Georgetown University.
Every pro-lifer -- Catholic and non-Catholic -- should protest:
- Reason #1. Because Cecile Richards has directed the death of more than 2.8 million babies since becoming Planned Parenthood's president in 2006. (Source: Planned Parenthood)
- Reason #2. Because Georgetown's invitation to Richards tells students that the Fifth Commandment is not important any more. It also dishonors the memory of all the Jesuit saints and martyrs who gave up their lives for God and the Church.
- Reason #3. Because abortion offends God. And Catholic Georgetown cannot be true to its Catholic identity and at the same time give a platform to the most notorious abortion provider in the world.
- Reason #4. Because Planned Parenthood attacks God's marriage between 1 man and 1 woman. It also targets teenagers with filthy and inappropriate "sex-education" and transgender material. (Source: Fox News)
- Reason #5. Because Cecile Richards has openly attacked the U.S. Catholic Bishops for their pro-life stand against procured abortion and contraception. (Source: Catholic News Agency)
How can a Catholic university invite Cecile Richards to speak when her hands are stained with the innocent blood of 2.8 million victims?
I’m hoping your prayerful protest will be heard by Church authorities in time to correct this scandal at Georgetown – America’s oldest Catholic university.
Even if our Catholic shepherds allow the pro-abortion wolves to run wild and scatter the fold -- God will not be indifferent to our cry. And your protest will be registered in the book of Life.
That’s why you and I must not remain silent.
I plan to deliver your protest petition -- and 20,000 more -- to Dr. John J. DeGioia, president of Georgetown University soon.
Even better -- TFP Student Action volunteers are planning a public rosary rally at the gates of Georgetown in reparation for the national sin of abortion -- calling the university not to host Planned Parenthood's CEO, Cecile Richards.
Georgetown University claims the "free exchange of ideas" allows it to invite anyone to campus -- even abortion providers like Cecile Richards.
However, the university is very selective with its "free" exchange.
And I'm a first-eye witness to that double-standard.
Because two TFP Student Action volunteers (Michael Drake and James Bascom) were once kicked out of Georgetown's "free speech zone" and threatened with arrest by campus police.
Why were TFP volunteers threatened by Georgetown police?
Because they were peacefully and politely sharing pro-traditional marriage flyers with students. And Georgetown officials didn't like it. So they banned TFP handouts which merely repeated Catholic teaching on true marriage.
No. Catholic ideas are not free at Georgetown.
Not anymore. But Planned Parenthood gets a green light of approval?
You see, this latest controversy is much bigger than Georgetown – it’s about the honor of the Catholic Church in America and the lives of so many unborn babies.
So, please sign your protest
And send this email alert to all your pro-life friends.
God will reward you for standing up for the truth. And Saint Michael the Archangel is on our side -- defending us in this spiritual battle.
Thank you for fighting the good fight.
P. S. – Can you send this alert to 5 more pro-lifers? God bless you.
Contact information (be firm yet polite)
Dr. John J. DeGioia President,
3700 O St., N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20057
Phone: (202) 687-4134 Fax: (202) 687-6660